Sunday, April 29th, 2018, 12pm – 2pm @ The London Cooking Project, 1 Ethelburga Street, London SW11 4AG
Love African food, longing to discover new and exciting flavours, join Lerato in the kitchen for a culinary adventure, as I share my secrets to cooking vibrant and sumptuous feasts, with seasonal produce inspired by cuisine from Africa and beyond that you can easily recreate at home.
This brunch is vegetarian based and supercharged with lots of healthy greens and vegetables, pulses, nuts, fruits and fair trade cocoa and cacao for a healthy yet sumptuous treat.
Our cookery session will start with cocktails as you get to know your fellow cooks, followed by an introduction to African cooking, the regional inspirations for recipes on the menu, spices and unique African produce. I will share my secrets to some of your favourites from my menus, including recipes for a fabulous brunch.
My cookery class is very hands-on, as we peel, chop and cook together. After cooking, you will sit to enjoy your meal together on one feasting table.
- Zobo’ Cocktail and canapés on arrival
- A welcome glass of my homemade brew of hibiscus flowers, seasonal berries and prosecco (non-alcoholic available)
- Raddichio Wraps with Suya Aubergines & Caramelised Onions
- Aubergines cooked in a nomadic spice blend of roasted peanuts
- Plantain Shakshuka with roasted peppers & Free range eggs
- Sweet plantains cooked in a rich tomato sauce, finished off with poached eggs on top with fresh basil. West & North African marriage of flavours
- Moin Moin
- Steam baked black eyed beans with cherry tomatoes & scotch bonnet oil
- Plantain Fritters with Blueberry & Date Compote
- A sweet treat prepared for you after cooking
Nuts are regularly used in my kitchen. Please specify dietary requirements and allergies by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Included are welcome drinks, the use of aprons, all cooking equipment, ingredients and recipes of the day.
Limited spaces are available for each class to ensure a bespoke lesson so it’s a good idea to book early before they sell out. Class fee: £65
The menu may change slightly due to seasonal availability.
Sign up for my newsletter for recipes, supper clubs and class updates at Lerato’s Contemporary African Food
TERMS & CONDITIONS – DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE EVENT AND PREPARATION REQUIRED, REFUNDS ARE NOT POSSIBLE BUT TICKETS CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO A LATER DATE OR TO ANOTHER PERSON WITH PRIOR NOTICE.