Starting: Tuesday 24th April 2018, 6:00 PM – 8.30 PM @ The Kobi Nazrul Centre, 30 Hanbury Street, London, E1 6QR
Our series of creative writing courses are designed specifically for Black women and Women of Colour. From the selected texts to the recommended reading, all of our modules and resources are centered around the works of Black women and WoC writers. Each course offers a relaxing and encouraging environment for women to explore their creativity, nurture their writing skills, and network with key people in the industry.
Named after one the most celebrated writers of contemporary British literature, Zadie Smith, this course will give you the skills and confidence to further your writing craft.
Over six consecutive Tuesday evenings, you will learn advanced writing techniques, including characterisation, dialogue, and editing.
Taking place at The Kobi Nazrul Arts Centre, each week will involve a mixture of tuition, practical exercises, and critiquing and feedback from fellow participants.
The last session will include a Q&A with a literary agent and publisher Aimée Felone.
Whether you are at the planning stages of a first draft or working through your fifth edit, ZADIE will provide you with a supportive writing community, and help you on your journey to developing your voice and becoming a more disciplined writer.
How it works-
Through a series of six classes, you will:
- Learn advanced writing techniques such as characterisation, setting, dialogue, and more through materials, resources, and practical exercises
- Have the opportunity to workshop your writing
- Learn to bypass your inner censor and develop your writing voice
- Discover practical ways to keep your writing on track
- Find a supportive community and connect with other writers
- Have an exclusive Q&A with publisher Aimée Felone (CoFounder of Knights of Publishing House)
When: Every Tuesday 6:30pm – 8:30pm for 6 weeks from 24th April until 29th May 2018.
For more info email: firstname.lastname@example.org