Saturday 28th April 2018, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM @ Windrush Millennium Centre, Alexandra Road, Manchester M16 7WD
URGENT MEETING – LET’S TAKE ACTION NOW! “DEFEND THE WINDRUSH GENERATION
Hosted by Colette Williams
Last week an emergency meeting was held to establish the severity of the problem faced by those affected by the Immigration Act 2014 and the implementation of it.
This forthcoming meeting again invites and welcomes those that have been directly impacted by the ‘hostile environment’ legislation and policy by offering them a safe place, but more importantly we will be providing legal help and support from trained and well experienced legal practitioners.
It is also our intention to work towards the demands made from the first meeting and again invite those that are interested, capable and willing to bring an end to this fiasco as well as ensuring that justice and peace is awarded to those that have been affected.
The demands are as follows:
- A call for immediate financial support for Windrush victims both in the UK and the Caribbean including full restitution for all of their losses
- An immediate repeal of the 2014 Immigration Act
- Use community networks to get information to the older generation, e.g. a GoFundMe page for legal advice signposting to law centres
- To call for a Judge to lead Independent Public Inquiry into the circumstances which have lead to the mistreatment of the Windrush Generation
- Knowledge transfer and education, providing information on the contribution of the Windrush generation to the UK both in the past and in the present
- Join with other groups in the UK and speak to the government with one voice
It is also to be noted that we demand that:
- All those deported as well as all those denied re-entry in to the UK to be returned immediately
- All means reinstated as well as full compensation for distress, inconvenience, trouble and upset for those that have bared the brunt of this cruel calculated crime was repeatedly made and seconded from the floor.
Register your interest to attend here: Event: Defend the Windrush Generation