Saturday 12th May 2018, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM @ Green Rooms Hotel, 13-27 Station Road, London N22 6UW
We all know London in the sun is pretty special and what better inspiration for us to continue with our mission of bringing you a taste of Nigeria and Lagos sunshine than to host you at an EPIC West African Summer Feast.
Over the past two years, my personal mission has been to share and spread the great culinary delight that is Nigerian cuisine. I recreate authentic Nigerian dishes with a modern twist to offer you the delights of delicious home cooked food served in a contemporary setting. Prepare for a cultural immersion that takes you on an Odyssey across West Africa through a blend of flavour and spices as well the vibrancy of a Lagos party.
As usual, my menu consists of a mix of authentic Nigerian dishes along with modern recreation of childhood favourites. My cooking is inspired by my dual British and Nigerian heritage as well as opportunities I have had of working with other African chefs both here in London and New York. I have sought to make use of seasonal ingredients as well as some of my favourite exotic flavours from West Africa to bring you a culinary delight that will stay with you weeks after.
Join us in the beautiful setting of Green Rooms, London’s first arts hotel, for a supper club series that is vibrant and full of cultural immersion. Get ready to feast to your heart’s content because no one leaves a Nigerian kitchen without a full stomach and heart.
- Puff-Puff Chicken Skewers
- Plantain & Peppered Prawns (gf)
- Suya Kebab Skewers (v) (gf)
- Akara (ve) (gf) – Bean fritters served with a seasonal salad
- Asun (gf) (sp) – Smoked Goat Meat marinated with scotch bonnet peppers and onions
- Efo Riro – Grilled Hake Fish, Braised Kale and Spinach cooked in a mixed peppers and onion sauce
(Vegan options available)
- Basmati Rice (ve) (gf)
- Moin Moin – Steamed Black-Eyed Bean pudding (ve) (gf)
- Sweet Fried Plantain (ve) (gf)
- Red Palm Brownies (vg)
- Sticky Pineapple with Ginger Granita (ve) (gf)
Open bar available with a selection of drinks for sale.
(v) – Vegetarian, (ve) – Vegan, (gf) – Gluten Free, sp (HOT)
* Contains traces of nuts
Please speak to us if you require allergen information.
* Group bookings available:
Additional Dates: Saturday 19th and Saturday 26th May 2018.
Check out Tokunbo Kitchen’s for more details, dates and recipe ideas.