Sunday 22nd July 2018, 10:30 AM– 12:30 PM @ Notting Hill, London W1
There is much more to Notting Hill than Carnival, but even that history is often mis-represented.
Find out about pioneering African/Caribbean people who literally fought for equality and laid the foundation for modern multi-cultural London.
Find out where in London you can see evidence of 3,500 years of African civilisation? How is Kelso Cochrane connected to Stephen Lawrence?
This walk features:
- West Indian Freedom FightersOswald Mosley and immigration
- Black self empowerment, economics and community planning
- Claudia Jones and the origins of Carnival
- WWII, Windrush, Segregation and Gentrification
- Frank Crichlow and Darcus Howe legends of Black British Civil Rights
£10 tickets available from eventbrite