Wednesday 17th October 2018, 6:00 PM – 10:30 PM @ Cottons, Unit 12, Flagship House, St. Georges Wharf, London SW8 2LE
The Haitian struggle for freedom and the history of the first Black Republic makes Haiti (or more correctly Ayiti) one of the key subjects to learn about during Black History month. Today, Haiti is one of the richest countries from a historical and cultural point of view, but we seem to focus on the negatives. Join us to learn a little more about the food, the music, the culture and her tourism potential. Come and celebrate, come and Experience Haiti.
The evening will include:
- Haitian inspired cuisine by Chef Daniel of the ‘Grill Shack’ and ‘Tiki Bar’ in Bournemouth
- Haitian music by celebrated Haitian DJ Christo
- Traditional Haitian “Congo” dance by Mara Registre
- A few words by Ian Thompson, author of “Bonjour Blanc” – a book about Haiti
- A few words by the founder of ‘Kafe’ 1788/Ayitian Coffee Shop – Richard Macien
- Haitian art on display/sale
Early Bird tickets (£36.56 + BF). Standard (£41.20 + BF). Your ticket includes a two course meal. Limited places are available and prices go up closer to the date, so book today at eventbrite.