Arts & Culture
- 1:30 pm
12 September 2020
RDLAC Sports Court
46 Live is a co-production with Theatre Royal Stratford East and the Royal Docks Team in response to the murder of George Floyd on 25 May 2020.
The production is a free (ticketed) event and will be performed live on an outdoor basketball court as part of the Greenwich+Docklands International Festival.
George Floyd’s brutal murder ignited a global surge of anger and pain. From the Windrush scandal to the Grenfell Tower tragedy, racist oppression is very much alive in the UK.
In June 2020, Stratford East worked with a group of Black and Asian writers, led by Roy Williams, to respond artistically to George Floyd’s murder and the Black Lives Matter Movement, creating an audio play 846 – a collection of standalone short pieces exploring racial inequality and oppression. The stories, all unique, span a breadth of themes and emotions, from tragic to angry, to frightening and even funny. Together they form a powerful tapestry of voices.
846 Live draws on those stories, bringing together a selection of the plays to form an arresting outdoor performance.
- IC3 by Nathaniel Martello-White, performed by Ira Mandela Siobhan featuring voice recording from Kirsty Bushell
- Suck. Your. Mum. by Nathan Powell, performed by Ira Mandela Siobhan
- Say Their Names by Sumerah Srivastav, performed by Michael Elcock
- My Part by Selina Thompson, performed by Doreene Blackstock, Michael Elcock, Judith Jacob, Tonderai Munyevu, Cherrelle Skeete and Leo Wringer featuring DJ Set by Xana.
Director – Matthew Xia
Designer – Natalie Pryce
Sound Designer – Xana
Movement Director – Damilola K Fashola
Please note that some of the plays contain strong language and may contain upsetting themes around murder, racism and racial violence that some audience members may find upsetting.
Recommended age guidance 14+
- 4pm – this performance will also be captioned and BSL interpreted
- 6pm – this performance will also be captioned and BSL interpreted
Please note that these performances are taking place outside as part of the Greenwich+Docklands International Festival.
846 Live has been supported by the Royal Docks Team
Tickets are free and can be booked through the Greenwich+Docklands International Festival website here
Dates & times
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm | 12 September 2020
RDLAC Sports Court
Albert Road, Royal Docks London E16 2JB