In the last year, the company has evolved into a modern media agency – a cross platform brand celebrating and championing Black female voices. With a global community of over 60,000, we have a footprint in 75 countries, connecting African women from the diaspora to the continent.
Our writers deliver intimate stories from a global perspective. Our reputation is built on a foundation of rigorous analysis, underpinned by critical commentary at the intersection of race and gender. Our journalism is nuanced and novel, presenting reportage on issues that mainstream media overlook.
Who are we looking for?
Women and non-binary writers of African descent, from the continent and Black diaspora.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for fresh and original pieces – a hybrid of authentic stories and stats. Whether you are a plant lover, activist, entrepreneur, undergrad or lawyer, if you write fiction or creative non-fiction, we want to hear from you!
We are an English publication but accept articles that include local languages. We also welcome:
- Personal Essay
- Opinion Piece
- Interview (single or multiple participants)
- Creative Piece (i.e., poem, photojournalism)
- Literature and art reviews (i.e. film, music, exhibition, books, event, theatre)
- Short Story (fiction, non-fiction)
- Other (i.e., investigative reporting, research study, video & audio content)
In no more than 250 words:
- State the title
- Description and subject matter
- Why it’s unique, significant or timely
- Links to data or research
- Links to written samples of your work
- Contact details
NB: Pitches are welcome on a rolling basis.
We aim to provide feedback within 10 days. We will get back to you, whether we choose to commission your pitch or not.
Writers retain full rights to their work post-publication. If you would like to republish your article elsewhere, please make sure that Meeting of Minds is credited and linked as the original publisher.
All pitches must be submitted by filling out this form.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions and Editorial Guidelines
If you have any questions email email@example.com