Arts & Culture
Abike Suppers presents: An Evening of African Storytelling & Fine Dining
- 9:00 pm
15 September 2019
Arch 435 & 436 | £65
Exceptional private dining experience celebrating the opulence of African cultures.
“STORYTELLING SERVES AS THE FOUNDATION AND PILLAR OF HUMAN SOCIETIES” (YUVAL NOAH HURAI, HOMO DEUS)
Storytelling is the bedrock of many ancient cultures that flow through and between country borders in the West African region. These cultures that are often misrepresented by incomplete narratives are brimming with beauty and splendour.
Join us as we discover cultural connections that span across county borders, breathing life into a forgotten shared history.
What you get:
- A welcome drink on arrival
- Creative 4 course dinner presented by chef Maria Bradford, a specialist in West African fine dining.
- Menu inspired by ‘Things Fall Apart’, an African classic by Chinua Achebe
- Cocktail pairings for each course
- An intimate kora performace from Senegalese griot, Kadialy Kouyate, a descendent of the noble line of Kouyate griots from the Mali Empire.
More surprises on the day! Limited tickets available. Sales end Tuesday 10th September 2019.
For more information visit: Abike Suppers