Arts & Culture
Barbershop Chronicles Returns
- 9:15 pm
09 October 2019
Oxford Playhouse | £10 - £30
ONE DAY. SIX CITIES. A THOUSAND STORIES.
Following two sell-out runs at the National Theatre and a world tour, Inua Ellams’ acclaimed Barber Shop Chronicles returns for a 2019 UK tour.
Newsroom, political platform, local hotspot, confession box, preacher-pulpit and football stadium. For generations, African men have gathered in barber shops to discuss the world. These are places where the banter can be barbed and the truth is always telling.
Directed by Olivier award-winner Bijan Sheibani (The Brothers Size) and designed by Olivier, Tony and OBIE award-winner Rae Smith (War Horse), Barber Shop Chronicles is a heart-warming, hilarious and insightful play that leaps from a barber shop in Peckham to Johannesburg, Harare, Kampala, Lagos and Accra over the course of a single day.
Age Guidance: 12+
Running Time: 1 hour 45 minutes (no interval).
- OXFORD – 09 – 12 OCTOBER 2019, OXFORD PLAYHOUSE, 11-12 Beaumont Street, Oxford OX1 2LW
- INVERNESS -16 – 19 OCTOBER 2019, EDEN COURT, Bishops Road, Inverness IV3 5SA
- EDINBURGH – 23 OCTOBER – 09 NOVEMBER 2019, ROYAL LYCEUM THEATRE, 30b Grindlay Street, Edinburgh EH3 9AX
- SOUTHAMPTON -13 – 17 NOVEMBER 2019, NUFFIELD SOUTHAMPTON THEATRES (NST) CAMPUS, University Road, Southampton SO17 1TR
- LEEDS -20 – 23 NOVEMBER 2019, LEEDS PLAYHOUSE, Playhouse Square, Leeds LS2 7UP
Book your tickets from here