Arts & Culture
Frantic Assembly 25th Anniversary Play: I THINK WE ARE ALONE – UK Tour
- 9:00 pm
03 February 2020
Theatre Royal Plymouth | £18.50 - £30
Frantic Assembly are celebrating their 25th Anniversary with a brand new production, I THINK WE ARE ALONE by Sally Abbott, co-directed by Kathy Burke and Scott Graham.
The work will premiere at Theatre Royal Plymouth on February 3 and tour to venues including Theatre Royal Stratford East, The Lowry, Nuffield Southampton, Bristol Old Vic, and Leicester’s Curve in Spring 2020.
Two sisters are estranged and bicker over text. Their brittle and aggressive language is pushing them further apart when what they really want is to meet, clear the air and talk about the events that happened when they were young girls that haunt them still.
Josie is not allowing grief to get in the way. All of her focus is on what is best for her son, Manny. She desperately wants him to fly but can she let him go?
There is a person-shaped hole in Graham’s heart and it’s driving him to some dark places. When a stranger returns an act of kindness both find themselves opening up and connecting in a way that might just bring a bit of light in. There is beauty in this. This was meant to happen!
I THINK WE ARE ALONE is a bitter sweet and funny take on our ache to connect with those voices we need to hear again, those arms we need to feel around us and those faces we need to see again. It is about letting go and holding on to what we love the most.
- 03rd – 08th February 2020 – Theatre Royal Plymouth
- 11th – 15th February 2020 – Liverpool Playhouse
- 18th – 22nd February 2020 – Kings Theatre, Edinburgh
- 25th February – 21st March 2020 – Theatre Royal Stratford East, London
- 24th – 28th March 2020 – Curve Theatre, Leicester
- 31st March – 4th April 2020 – Nuffield Southampton Theatres
- 15th – 18th April 2020 – Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Guildford
- 21st – 25th April 2020 – Northern Stage, Newcastle
- 28th April – 02nd May 2020 – Bristol Old Vic
- 05th – 09th May 2020 – Oxford Playhouse
- 12th – 16th May 2020 – The Lowry, Salford