Arts & Culture
#Refugee Week: Working West London
- 12:00 pm
19 June 2020
Our annual refugee employment event is now online!
The event will be a chance to learn about the skills and experience refugees bring to the job market, and how recruitment processes can be revised to enable a diversity of applicants to be successful.
If you are a refugee looking for work, come to our workshop about the current and future job market.
If you are an employer with questions about how to gain from the skills and experiences refugee individuals bring, join our panel session.
Representatives from companies, refugees and charities will share their stories.
Speakers will include:
- Employers who have recently employed refugees,
- A job broker who supports refugees in finding work
- Working West London participants
Itinerary for the event:
- 9.45am- Room opens for session 1
- 10.00am- Welcome to participants
- 10.05am- Online Workshop: How the job market will look post lockdown. Run by Imran, Job Broker, Action West London. Session will include opportunity to ask the trainer question.
- 10.50am- Room opens for session 2
- 11.00am- Welcome to participants
- 11.05am- Panel discussion: ‘Refugee employment into the future’. This will be a webinar starting with a presentation, followed with a panel discussion. Questions to the panel will be submitted via the chat box.
Sign up here
Dates & times
10:00 am - 12:00 pm | 19 June 2020