Conferences & Seminars
Religion or Spirituality – which came first?
- 9:00 pm
21 February 2020
Robin Walker ‘The Black History Man’ is the leading Black Studies educator of the last twenty-five years.
He has educated thousands of adults through his Personal Development, Black History, and African Studies programmes. He is the author of the classic When we Ruled and the best sellers: The Rise and Fall of Black Wall $treet and Black British History: Black Influences on British Culture 1948 to 2016.
This course will commence on Friday 21 February 2020 from 7- 9 PM and will run for 10 weeks (until 24th April 2020).
WHAT IS THIS COURSE ABOUT?
- Should Black people continue to follow Christianity, Judaism or Islam?
- Were these religions brought to us by conquerors and slave traders?
- What were the original religious and spiritual traditions of Africans?
- Should we reject all religions?
- How did religious and spiritual systems evolve in the first place?
- What are the historical facts that we can verify?
- What did the ancient people of Egypt and Kush contribute to the birth of religion?
- What is the relevance of the Book of the Dead?
- What did Africa contribute to the evolution of the later religions: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc?
- Why is all this relevant today?
If paid by 19/1/2020 = £150
If paid by 31/1/2020 = £180
Full 10 week course = £200 – after 31/1/2020
Pay per class = £30
Tickets must be purchased in advance. No refunds.
Call 07984 759506 for further information.
Click here to purchase your ticket.
Dates & times
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm | 21 February 2020