Arts & Culture
Shape of the New: Global Art Market Webcast Series
- 6:45 pm
11 March 2021
Online | Free
Future of the global art market, is a two-part roundtable webinar series, featuring guests from Hauser & Wirth, HMRC, Demif Gallery and The Society of London Art Dealers.
Presented by Gareth Fletcher of Sotheby’s Institute of Art, the series will explore change and transformation in the art market, from new technologies, ways of viewing and buying art, and market supervision, to digital art crime, the rise of African artists, and the illicit trade in art and antiquities.
In our first webinar, Markets and Makers, Edouard Ndeke of the Demif Gallery and Christopher Battiscombe CMG of The Society of London Art Dealers will discuss disruption in the art market and what this means for those who make, view, buy and sell art. With e-commerce, digital and online reshaping the art world, where will the pieces land?
Global Art Market: Discussion Topics
- Disruptive technologies
- New modes of viewing and buying art: the end of the physical art gallery
- The headwinds of transparency and inclusivity in the art world
- The rise of African artists and their collectors
- Gareth Fletcher, Programme Director, Sotheby’s Institute of Art
- Christopher Battiscombe CMG, Director General, The Society of London Art Dealers
- Edouard Ndeke, Co-Founder, Demif Gallery
- William Brittain-Catlin, Senior Investigator, Kroll
Register to attend here
Following the webinar attendees will be invited to an exclusive preview of the virtual exhibition where they can find out more about the artists who have come together for this exciting and timely collaboration. On Friday, March 12, at 6:00 p.m. GMT, Kroll will also host a live interview on the virtual exhibition platform with Emma Jacobs, journalist at the Financial Times, and Tiffanie Delune, an emerging artist, talking about art and renewal in the face of personal and global challenges. The virtual art gallery can be viewed here on Thursday, March 11 from 7:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. GMT.
Header Image: COCO MOBULI MANGBANZO AFFECTION, 2019. Demif Gallery