Panel Talks & Workshops
The Hidden Science of Black Mental and Emotional Health
- 6:00 pm
24 November 2019
Why are black men 10 times more likely to experience mental health issues than any other group of men? Why are common mental disorders such as anxiety and depression more prevalent among black women? Why are black adults as a group the most likely to be detained under the Mental Health Act, but at the same time the least likely to report being in receipt of any treatment (like counselling or therapy)?
What are the real problems black people are facing that’s causing them to suffer mental and emotional health issues?
What are the real solutions that can help them overcome these problems and breakthrough any barriers that have been holding them back?
All the above, plus much more will be discussed at this crucially urgent one-of-a-kind event brought to you by The Hidden Science Academy. There’s so much confusion surrounding Black Mental and Emotional Health that it’s difficult to know what to believe at times. This event aims to bring some well-needed clarity to a very important subject matter.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- Common Problems that many Black people face
- The latest UK Statistics surrounding Black people and Mental Health
- Anxiety, Depression and Fear
- Knife Crime and Youth Violence
- Societal Norms and Pressures
- Intellect and Education (and how this affects mental health)
- Food and Nutrition
- Consumerism and Entertainment
- Simple Solutions and Answers
- Raising Awareness of Services Available
All Early Bird FREE tickets are now SOLD OUT. If you would like to purchase a £10 ticket to this EXCLUSIVE event book here £15 on the door. Children under 16 years of age are FREE.
Dates & times
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm | 24 November 2019