Arts & Culture
Women of The Lens Film Festival: Discovery
- 9:00 pm
29 November 2019
CLOSEUP FILM CENTRE
Women Of The Lens Film Festival brings you an eclectic mix of up to the minute international film-making. We bring storytelling that presents society in its widest variety to eager audiences and provide a much-needed platform to developing and established industry professionals.
2019’s event brings six themes:
Friday 29th November Launch Programmes: theme – Future-ing The Inner Self.
This theme is opened by RCL Graham’s ‘SO.U.L Of A Black Woman’ and followed by ‘The Poetic And The Visual’, directed by Camille DeBose; ‘As Above’, directed by Sewra G Kidane and ‘Epigenetics’ directed by Diahanna Baxter.
The film theme will be followed by an interview with the opening film’s director, RCL Graham.
Our not-to-be-missed panel launch event is a vital panel discussion titled: ‘Black Out In The British Frame: black women’s media representations come under scrutiny‘. Panellists includes Project Embrace founder Lekia Lee, Shonay Shote, founder of A Black Actress and others to be confirmed.
Saturday 30th November – Film Screenings:
- ‘From The Mouths Of Babes: Dolly‘, director Tosin Lepe
- ‘Gidi High Life’, director Teniola King
- ‘Renee‘, director Karla Huffman,
- ‘Voguing To Dancehall‘, director Daryl Dyer
- ‘Movement Of Identity’: Paola Y Lucia, director Oluwaseun Babalola
- ‘Humans Of Britain‘, director Ruby Blake
- ‘Life In My Shoe’, director Wimana Beatrice
- ‘The Heritage Of Fabric: Wax Print’ director Aiwan Obinyan
- ‘Well-Full-Ness: We Are An Untold Story’, director Srikrupa Raghunathan
- ‘The Misconceptions Of A Female FAT Body‘, director Taliaa Darling
- ‘Inner Drama: Hear My Pain’, director Victoria Renee Bell
- ‘Peak’, director Lucy Rose Wilson-Green
- ‘Hatima’ directpr, Oluwaseun Osibowale
- ‘Team Marilyn’ director, Sue-Ellen Chitunya
There will be Q&As with attending filmmakers.
A Festival All-Dayer ticket for only £25 (+BF) Saturday only gives you entry to all the events on Saturday 30th November.
Individually Themed Programme Tickets are just £8.50 each.
Purchase your tickets here
Dates & times
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm | 29 November 2019
CLOSEUP FILM CENTRE
97 Sclater Street