Arts & Culture
Stylist Literary Festival 2021
- 6:45 pm
01 June 2021
Online | £5 - £60
Are you a self-confessed bookworm? Did you miss browsing old bookshops and attending author events during the pandemic? Stylist’s first ever online Literary Festival is here to fill the void. The book festival will feature talks by our favourite authors throughout June 2021.
Here at Stylist, we’ve always had a passion for great storytelling and writing that captures hearts and minds. That’s why this June, we’re excited to announce that we’ll be hosting our first ever month-long literary festival that will celebrate the best new releases in fiction and non-fiction, giving a voice to writers old and new. From Sunday Times bestsellers toBooker Prize nominees, the writers and authors we have lined up are not to be missed.
What to expect
Starting on 1 June and running until 27 June 2021, we’ll be hosting 18 digital events with the likes of Annie Macmanus, Lisa Taddeo and Raven Leilani taking the virtual stage.
To keep it fresh and exciting, all sessions will fall into themed franchises such as Books & Brunch, Literary Lunches, Bedtime Stories and Brain Boosters. You can expect workshops panels and keynote talks, and we encourage you to come and hear from authors you’ve not heard of as well as the ones you already know and love – you never know when someone new could spark your imagination or inspire you to write your debut novel.
To celebrate the end of the Festival, we will be hosting a closing party at The Hoxton in London on 27 June with very limited tickets.
Where can I access the online events?
How to get tickets
There are three ticket options, ranging from £5-£60
- The Booklover Digital Pass: £20. This digital-access pass grants you access to all online sessions across the month, which you can watch live or on demand at your leisure.
- The Booklover Digital Pass + Closing Party at The Hoxton: £60
- Individual event ticket: £5
An all-access pass to the Festival’s online events plus real-life entry to our exclusive event with Annie Macmanus, Isy Suttie, The Receipts, Monika Radojevic and Chibundu Onuzo at The Hoxton, Holborn in London.
Our closing party takes place on Sunday 27 June 2021, 11am-2pm and attendees will receive wine, canapés and goody bag worth £129 (includes Smythson notepad, Grind coffee, luxury skincare and a copy of Stylist’s Life Lessons On Friendship).
- Launch event with Lisa Taddeo and Raven Leilani – Tuesday 1 June 2021 6-6.45pm Female desire on the page: ahead of the release of her first novel, Animal, Lisa Taddeo joins Raven Leilani, author of the hit novel Luster, in conversation. Book tickets
- Brain Boosters with Otegha Uwagba – Monday 7 June 2021 6-6.40pm The author of We Need to Talk About Money explores our complicated relationship with money and how it shapes our lives. Book tickets
- Literary Lunch with Zakiya Dalila Harris and Francesca Reece – Tuesday 8 June 2021 1-1.45pm On the edge of our seats: two authors reveal the art of building suspense in fiction. Book tickets
- Festival closing party with Annie Macmanus, The Receipts, Isy Suttie, Monika Radojevic and Chibundu Onuzu – Sunday 27 June 2021 11am-2pm (available online shortly after) The former Radio 1 DJ talks to Stylist’s editor-in-chief Lisa Smosarski about her debut novel, Mother Mother. Plus poetry from the winner of the #Merky Books New Writers’ Prize Monika Radojevic; Isy Suttie and Chibundu Onuzo on how to write humour; and the stars of the chart-topping The Receipts podcast discuss their honest, hilarious and audacious new book. Access the in-person closing party with the Booklover Digital Pass + Closing Party (£60). Book here
For more information visit here
Header image courtesy of Stylist :Meet the line-up featuring Otegha Uwagba, Lisa Taddeo, Jessie Cave, Annie Macmanus, Matt Haig and Raven Leilani