7 Jan 2021
The CROWN UK Fund will invest £170,000 during 2021
The aim of the fund is to support the Black Community in the UK through grants to Black-led grassroot organisations and projects who are working to eliminate barriers to progress for Black women and girls and driving for long-term systemic change.
The CROWN UK Fund is now open for applications and invites organisations with expertise and capabilities in this space to apply for grants of up to £20,000 by 5pm Thursday 21st January 2021.
Eligibility & Criteria
Dove is keen to receive applications from any organisations that have an innovative and creative approach to the way they engage Black women and girls in their community. The projects funded should meaningfully involve the women and/or girls they support to reach their full potential and break down barriers to success. Dove is not looking for the best written application but the most compelling.
- UK-based grassroot organisations and/or programmes that are led by people who identify as Black/Black-mixed race
- Funding must be used to help create lasting change in the lives of Black women and/or girls
- Projects funded should aim to celebrate and empower Black women and/or girls and eliminate barriers to success
- Address one or more of the following issues/needs: Appearance based prejudice and discrimination / Education and vocational training / Emotional or psychological health / Empowerment / Individual growth and success / Leadership and career planning / Mentorship / Advocacy
- Organisations must already be established as a social enterprise, charity or community project and be engaged in impactful work in their community
- Organisations must be able to demonstrate the impact of the funding and their methods and ability to monitor and evaluate the project.
Applicants who meet the basic eligibility of the CROWN UK Fund will have their applications evaluated by a representative and expert panel. This panel will discuss the applications and evaluate the successful organisations who will receive the fund.
We will prioritise organisations that have a strong focus on the empowerment of Black women and girls. However, we will consider organisations that are not women-centric but that are actively engaging in projects/initiatives that will directly impact the advancement of Black women and/or girls.
If you are unable to submit your application in written format, please contact the CROWN UK Fund team at firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7198 8374 for alternative ways to apply. We will also be able to help if you have difficulty or need assistance submitting your application online. Please note that applying does not guarantee funds.
Click here to start your application.
Header image by ENI MAJ