Panel Talks & Workshops
Network, Meet Funders & Pitch to win a Grant of up to £10K
- 9:00 pm
20 October 2022
Blue Fin Building, | £20 - £50
110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SU
Money4YOU is thrilled to celebrate their 10th Dragons Den convened by Carol Akiwumi MBE. The event, which has connected UK and International grant makers with BAMER-led organisations, will be held on Friday 16th September 2022 in-person at the Blue Fin Building and online.
To mark this milestone, Black, Asian, Multi-Ethnic and Refugee (BAMER) led organisations from around the country will have the opportunity to pitch for multiple grants of up to £100,000.
As well as judging funding pitches, funders will be invited to network and make connections with BAMER-led organisations. This year organisations will have the opportunity to pitch and speak directly with the following funders:
- The Leathersellers’ Company – focuses on education and student support. Funding is available to UK charities, educational institutions and university students
- Tudor Trust – supports smaller groups, embedded in their communities and organisations which work directly with people
- City Bridge Trust – focuses on infrastructure and capacity building organisations, who work with BAMER communities, disabled people, and mental health organisations
- Action Funder – has over 15 years’ experience in connecting nonprofits with relevant funders through their grant-giving platform
- CommUNITY Barnet – works across seven London boroughs and gives grants for the Voluntary, Community, Faith, and Social Enterprise (VCFSE) sector in Barnet
- National Lottery Heritage Fund – focuses on projects that connects people to the heritage of the UK, including cultural traditions, landscape, museums, libraries, archives and historic buildings. They will be providing sign-up forms for their current grant applications
- BAOBAB Foundation – empowers Black and Ethnic Minority Community Organisations through £50m in grants every year
Attendees will have the invaluable opportunity to make connections with other BAMER-led organisations and gain a better understanding of how the grant-making process works.
Money4YOU has kindly reserved several subsidised tickets for BAMER led organisations within the Meeting of Minds community, which can be purchased here. Anyone who purchases a ticket can apply for a grant!
If you own a business or know someone who would like to exhibit, get in touch and register your interest
Money4YOU will also present 10 special awards to celebrate and showcase the inspiring work of BAMER-led non-profits who are serving the most underrepresented members of UK society. Categories and nominees include:
- Inspirational Award – The Africa Centre, Black Cultural Archives and the Liverpool Slavery Museum
- Intelligence Award – Voice 4 Change England, The Ubele Initiative and Operation Black Vote
- Integrity Award – Sistah Space, Black Minds Matter and Charity So White
- Interaction Award – Race on the Agenda, Action for Race Equality and Migrants Rights Network
Click HERE to submit your vote.
The evening will be peppered with Afro-Caribbean-inspired music, food, and drinks.
Money4YOU exists to tackle inequality and create a better world through financial education, capacity-building resources and tools for funding sustainability. They currently support over 550 organisations via BAMERHUB our virtual resilience platform.
Header Image: Shutterstock